At Mizi, the safety and wellbeing of all drivers, captains and most importantly, our passengers are our utmost priority. The COVID-19 pandemic has only reinforced our resolve to continue to take a dutiful and responsible approach to how we treat our people, and you, our customers. We are constantly monitoring the situation and have made changes to our service to ensure safety of both Mizi staff and commuters, on Mizi rides. We strongly recommend that both Mizi staff and commuters adhere to all stipulated guidelines from the World Health Organization (WHO). The most common of these guidelines are to:
- Stay home if you feel unwell, even with minor symptoms
- Wash your hands regularly and use hand sanitizers
- Cover your mouth and nose with your bent elbow or tissue when you cough or sneeze, then dispose of the used tissue immediately
- Maintain at least 1-meter (3 feet) distance between yourself and others
Our Rides & Technology
- We have fully aligned with all safety guidelines for mass transit. To this end we have capped vehicle occupancy levels to 60% to enable in-trip physical distancing. Our fleet occupancy rates with physical distance are shown below:
- Maximum of 18 passengers in a 29-seater vehicle
- Maximum of 8 passengers in a 13-seater vehicle
- Maximum of 3 passengers in a 6-seater vehicle
- All persons in Mizi vehicles are mandated to wear face masks throughout the journey. Commuters without face masks will not be admitted into the vehicle.
- We have updated our ride booking process to include a COVID-19 health check questionnaire which must be completed to book a trip. Based on commuter’s responses, we could advise the commuter to stay at home or seek medical care if they are feeling unwell or any COVID-19 symptoms. The health-check questionnaire is also designed to aid contact tracing should a commuter test positive for COVID-19.
- Commuters will have to undergo a temperature scan prior to entry into a Mizi vehicle. Commuters with higher temperatures than normal, will not be allowed onto the vehicle. We have updated the Mizi Captain application to enable our Captains immediately log a report on a Commuter that was denied entry due a fever or visible signs of unwellness.
- Mizi vehicles are disinfected and deeply cleaned everyday to keep the the interior of the vehicles uninhabitable for the Coronavirus
Mizi Captains & Drivers
- Captains and Drivers are always equipped with face masks and hand sanitizers for their personal use, while on duty.
- Our booking and entry/exit admission processes have always been designed for zero contact between passenger and Mizi staff. We are building on that process.
- We have partnered with Reliance HMO to provide our drivers with health insurance cover. What better time to do this than during a global health pandemic? We also will not stop after this pandemic blows over.
- We are re-training our captains and drivers based on updated codes of conduct to ensure physical distancing and maximum safety during trips.
Mizi for Business
- In our Mizi for business service offering which you can liken to a staff bus service safety is at the core of the service we provide to our corporate clients.
- In addition to the above safety measures, organizations signed up to the Mizi for business program enjoy the benefit of exclusive rides for their employees only. This ensures that various workplaces with different levels of stringency in safety measures are not combined, to minimize the odds of infection and transmission.
- Commuters that work for organizations on the Mizi for Business program can notify their organizations on their state of wellbeing and need for medical attention, from within the Mizi application. This option is available to a commuter that has indicated having COVID-19 related symptoms in the trip booking process.
- The Mizi for business dashboard for organizations on the program now provides information on employees who have triggered the wellbeing notifications to their organizations due to feeling unwell.
“Health is wealth and till the last case of COVID is confirmed discharged by NCDC, Mizi the one brand that puts your health first, will leverage its policies and technology to ensure that riders are as safe as possibly achievable.”Mizi
Would you like more information on the Coronavirus?
Here are some frequently updated resources to keep you informed on the COVID-19 pandemic:
Rest assured that #MiziCares and will always put you our customers, first.